LBX? or faster remote X?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Nov 4 10:54:18 PST 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, François-Denis Gonthier wrote:

> I think even I can safely say that LBX is considered to be deprecated.
> Tests [1] have shown that it produces little benefit over an SSH
> tunnel with compression enabled.

> I have not tried LBX but I must say that SSH compression does improve
> performance noticably.

Thanks. Using ssh -C is a huge improvement!

I am curious why SSH protocol 2 doesn't use the CompressionLevel?

I have used VNC a lot, but I like to be able to have an X window managed
individually and not having a VNC client running multiple X apps in it.

I will also play with NX and freenx. Any thoughts on dxpc?