Current tinderbox regression (libxcb)

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Tue Nov 4 21:45:20 PST 2008

Hi Eric,

   > Running piglit against software GLX would probably be a way of
   > catching nasty issues in paths that most of us aren't testing on
   > the desktop.

I turned it off because it was crashing my machine.  :)  The current
machine running functional tests has an nVidia card (and uses nv).
Is there a driver or a subset of tests that might crash less?

   > http://people.freedesktop.org/~nh/piglit/

   > Easy to build, will require some parsing of results.

   > Also, I notice that the cairo tests are coming out green despite
   > failures.  Expected so far?

I haven't written a parser for the results yet -- at the moment we
return green as long as the command we're running returns 0 as an exit
code, which isn't very clever.  (At least the data's there, though, so
we can do things like plot performance over time and work out when
things broke by hand.)

Thanks,

- Chris.
--