Sharing X Sessions

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:41:17 PST 2008

If you use either GNOME or KDE, you can use the stock VNC clients that
are provided.
In GNOME, it is Applications/Internet/Remote Desktop Viewer.

If your own computer ('server') runs GNOME, you can enable sharing at
System/Preferences/Remote Desktop
and you can configure for read-only access.

One issue to consider is to force low bandwidth access to the VNC server.
I think that the software will pick automatically the highest quality
settings (due to LAN),
which may degrade performance. If you can force lower quality, it will
appear better.

Simos