System freeze - is X the reason?

Juergen Gaida jpg153 at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 10 00:06:09 PST 2008

Alex,

ah, ok, wasnt sure about "any"...sometimes a problem for non-native EN'ers.

I will give it a try.

Is there some explanation behind these switches?
What is then about all the acceleration (3D, Direct???) of the card and the so called compositor...
(I am quite new to Linux, so I am not used to this terminology and all that stuff).

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Jürgen