Mouse button problems using Logitech NX80

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 05:53:17 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:44 AM, Matija Šuklje <matija.suklje at rutka.net> wrote:
> Dne torek 11. novembra 2008 je Peter Hutterer napisal(a):
>> correct. you could just upgrade to 2.1 RC3 from
>
> Alright, so I upgrated to 2.0.99.3 changed my xorg.conf to look like this:
>
>        Identifier      "Mouse"
>        Driver  "evdev"
>        #Option "Name"                  "Logitech USB Receiver"
>        Option  "Device"                "/dev/input/event4"
>        Option  "Resolution"            "1000"
>        #Option         "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>        #Option         "Buttons"               "9"
>        Option  "ButtonMapping"         "1 0 3 4 5 7 6 2 2"
>        #Option         "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5 7 6"
>
> And the results of thissetting now are:
> * scroolling works correctly in both ways now — OK

Does the tilt scrolling work correctly without remapping buttons 6 and 7?

> * in 'KDM' the 8th and 9th button act as the middle one (and there is no 3rd
> button emulation) — OK
> * in a KDE session though, the 8th and 9th button act as the left mouse button
> (and for some reason 3rd button emulation works)

Most likely this is because X is adding devices from HAL and skipping
the settings in xorg.conf. The way to solve this is to put your input
configuration in an fdi file and comment out the settings in
xorg.conf. Create a file like
/etc/hal/fdi/policy/logitech-receiver.fdi that maps the options to the
HAL-style input.x11_options.$name format.

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
    <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.mouse">
      <match key="info.product" contains="Logitech USB Receiver">
        <merge key="input.x11_options.ButtonMapping" type="string">1 0
3 4 5 7 6 2 2</merge>
      </match>
    </match>
  </device>