Xorg over Linux vfb Problem

Leandro Galvez galvez.andy at cassis-intl.com
Wed Nov 12 03:03:50 PST 2008

Hi All,

    I am trying to run Xorg on my arm target device. It has no physical display device so I just enabled linux virtual framebuffer. But when I try to run the xserver, I get the message "Cannot open virtual console 2". How do I get rid of this fatal error message preventing me to startup the Xorg server. Attached is my configuration file and the log file created by running "Xorg :98 -nolisten tcp". Did I miss anything? Or is it just my command line? What is this virtual console anyway? Do I need to map my fb0 to it and how? Hope somebody can help me here.
    By the way, I am not using Xvfb as I still want other applications to bypass the X window system. So I am using Linux virtual frame buffer module, not the Xvfb"

Thanks and best regards,
Andy