Up arrow key not working

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Thu Nov 13 16:04:41 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 05:40:20PM -0600, Robin Cook wrote:
> I am using evdev.
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier  "Keyboard0"
>         Driver      "kbd"
>         Option      "XkbModel" "evdev"
>         Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
>         Option      "XkbVariant" "dvorak"
>         Option      "XkbRules" "Xorg"
> EndSection
>
> gnome keyboard config also shows evdev.
>
> and I do have xkeyboard-config is at version 1.4

no, you're trying to use the kbd driver. btw. chances are that if you're
running git master you don't need an input section anyway.

You still need the patch donnie posted to flush the keycodes. Once that is in,
you can either select keyboard model evdev in gnome, or just use
xkeyboard-config 1.4 (with a recent version of evdev, it needs to force the
evdev ruleset).

Cheers,
  Peter