X server 1.6 release schedule

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Nov 17 04:08:22 PST 2008

On Nov 14, 08 13:13:16 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> I volunteered to manage an X server 1.6 release, tentatively scheduled
> for the end of the year (yes, this year, 2008). This release will
> include DRI2 and RandR 1.3 support. I'd like to know how much of the new
> Xinput stuff will be ready in time.

Keith, AFAICS the standard properties do not inflict any changes on
server code except for the naming of the EDID data property, so I assume
that's fine here.
I'm unsure whether it would be wise to include panning support in 1.3,
even given that I manage to put it together until 11/24. I guess it
should settle in master first.
In that case, do we have any protocol changes in 1.3? Do we need a
version bump then?

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __