[Patch 00/02] mieq threading prep

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Mon Nov 17 11:32:01 PST 2008

These are two fairly straight forward patches I'd like to give someone
a chance to comment on.  In a single-thread Xserver, these patches
should have no effect, but they make the code a little more friendly
to Tiago's threading patches (and this is what we're already doing in
the apple branches).

The first only increments mieqEventQueue.tail when the data is in the
queue (since mieqProcessInputEvents assumes the data to be valid if
tail is incremented).

The second moves a hunk in mieqProcessInputEvents after we increment
mieqEventQueue.head, so we don't need to hold a mutex for an
unnecessarily.

If nobody pipes up in the next few days, I'll be pushing them into
master.

Thanks,
Jeremy