X server 1.6 release schedule

Adam Jackson ajax at nwnk.net
Tue Nov 18 11:42:30 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 13:13 -0800, Keith Packard wrote:
> I volunteered to manage an X server 1.6 release, tentatively scheduled
> for the end of the year (yes, this year, 2008). This release will
> include DRI2 and RandR 1.3 support. I'd like to know how much of the new
> Xinput stuff will be ready in time.

Can we define what RANDR 1.3 means?  I think we're largely in agreement
but I'd like it written down.

> Here's a proposed schedule of events:
>
> Cut a release branch, do a -RC1 release:	11/24
>
> Track remaining work on scheduled features,
> cherry-picking commits from master. Cut -RC2	12/8
>
> Stop accepting new code, focus on bug fixing.
> Cut -RC3					12/22
>
> Update documentation, mark known bugs, build
> packages and ship final	bits.			1/5

Sounds like a busy holiday, but since it's not _my_ busy holiday, I
don't mind at all.

There is still one major bugfix that was only ever applied to 1.5 branch
and not master:

commit 7822a3d05f935cca3bfa47d15d961596652ecfca