Tabs/spaces coding style question

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Wed Nov 19 11:04:30 PST 2008

FTR, the replacement of 8 spaces with a tab in indentation is one of
my biggest pet-peeves in poor coding etiquette.  Either use a tab
consistently to denote one level of indentation and have people setup
their editor to "display" tabs differently, or force spaces and /bop
people over the head when they have a tab in leading whitespace.

This "mix" that some of the code currently employs just makes my
editor wonkey because it treats the tabs as 4-spaces because of my 4-
space-indentation setting (yes, I could probably change my editor
settings, but I don't want to, and I shouldn't have to)...