XGetImage returns junk with Xorg/dummy_drv/VTs

McDonald, Michael-p7438c Michael.McDonald at gdc4s.com
Mon Nov 24 09:26:56 PST 2008

  Why? X apps don't know (and can't find out) about VT switching.

> You probably want Xvfb instead of Xorg+dummy.

  Ultimately I need Xorg+intel, so I was simplifying things using
Xorg+dummy. Also, until Friday, I couldn't get input to work using Xvfb.
Then I found out that Xvfb's modmap was garbage and that if you replace
it with whatever you're using on your main display, then input works
using XTEST.

Mike McDonald