Siliconmotion driver update for XFree 4.3?

Gerhart, Bjoern bjoern.gerhart at wincor-nixdorf.com
Tue Nov 25 08:03:33 PST 2008

Dear list,

in the past, our company got a siliconmotion driver update to release 1.4.9 of the siliconmotion driver. But it seems that the features of the 1.4.9 release have not been given back to the xorg developer community. I have the source code for this release, and it can be compiled against XFree 4.3.

Now as we want to change to newer Linux distributions, also the Xorg version increases to Xorg 7.1 or newer. But: On the one hand the siliconmotion driver part of Xorg 7.1 does not have the features we had in release 1.4.9. On the other hand I can not simply recompile the 1.4.9 sources against Xorg 7.1.

Does it make sense when I create a diff between my siliconmotion 1.4.9 source code and the original siliconmotion source code part of XFree 4.3? Maybe with such a patch, there would be a simple way to port the new siliconmotion driver release to the current Xorg version?

btw: sorry for the long signature at the bottom, it's automatically added  :-(

Best Regards
  Björn

--
WINCOR NIXDORF International GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Paderborn

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.