HOWTO for dual-head and ipnut device hotplugging

Matija Šuklje matija.suklje at rutka.net
Tue Nov 25 21:53:50 PST 2008

Dne sreda 26. novembra 2008 je Peter Hutterer napisal(a):
> thanks for writing that up. Quick skim left me with two comments:
> synaptics fdi:

Thanks for your quick proof-reading. It's greatly appreciated :]

> don't specify the range unless you really need to. synaptics reads the
> range from the kernel and unless the hardware reports false ranges or
> you're not happy with the edges, don't specify them.

I've removed that now.

> "Now you can (and should) safely remove the mouse settings from the
> xorg.conf file:"
> that particular section wouldn't do anything even if you'd leave it in. It
> doesn't have a device option, so it's mute.

The side goal of this HOWTO is also to clean up xorg.conf as much as possible,
but I removed "(and should)" from that sentance.

Cheers,
Matija
--
gsm: +386 41 849 552
e-mail: matija.suklje at rutka.net
www: http://matija.suklje.name

aim: hookofsilver
icq: 110183360
jabber/g-talk: matija.suklje at gabbler.org
msn: matija.suklje at rutka.net
yahoo: matija_suklje
GPG/PGP fingerprint: FB64 FFAF B8DA 5AB5 B18A 98B8 2B68 0B51 0549 D278