Is it possible to use i810 driver in Xorg7.3 without agpgart kernel module

Paulo César Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Tue Nov 25 22:34:13 PST 2008

> Hi All,

  Hi,

> Is it possible to use i810 driver in Xorg7.3 without agpgart kernel module
> ?
> I use kernel 2.4.31. And It's OK for XFree86 4.6.

  I think it should work with older versions of the i810 driver, as
long the driver recognizes your hardware.

  Some months ago I worked on something that should be similar to
what you are doing, we needed to backport the agpgart kernel module,
and i810 XFree86 driver to "certified" linux distros (redhat and
conectiva), so that they would work with "today's hardware".

> --
> Regards,
>
> Paul Lin

Paulo