Switch 4 displays

scorbo scorbofr at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 26 00:36:13 PST 2008

Hi,

  I have a Nvidia Quadro NVS440 graphic cards with 4 screens and I would like to switch display like I want (display :0.0 becomes :0.1 so :0.1 becomes :0.0). I've tried with xrandr but the Nvidia Property driver indicates only one screen and not 4. Therefore I've installed Nouveau but it doesn't support this card. In addition I've read that xrandr does't support multi GPU and multi card (this card has two GPU).
  I've also tried with a Nvidia 290 graphic card and the Nouveau driver and it works but there is only two displays and the display has been configured in Xinerama mode and I need independent display.

  I've read that xrandr 1.3 with Xorg 7.5 will support multi board and multi gpu, is it exact ?
  Is there another solution to switch display ?

Thanks
Christophe P.