multiseat login problems: MDM?

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 11:58:17 PST 2008

On Wednesday 26 November 2008 19:49:12 you wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Kārlis Repsons
>
> <karlis.repsons at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What should I do to get multiseat work in a case when
> > * some user logs out
> > * some seat doesn't receive login timely (and its X server gets
> > terminated..) ?
>
> Are you using mdm?
Not yet.

> When a user logs out mdm should show the display manager's login screen
> again.
Would be nice...

The thing is: I can't make it work on gentoo easily. My distro's devs are not
going to support it as well, because "latest upgrade of mdm is 2+ years old".
(http://bugs.gentoo.org/45833)

Maybe I try dedicating a day just for MDM and succeed, but there are questions
like:

1. should I patch libX11(-6)?
2. is /etc/init.d/mdm non-executable in debian?
3. ... others I can't think of right now.

Well, let me know, what you think about those things first!