Weird wm behavior with xeyes

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at freedesktop.org
Thu Nov 27 13:51:35 PST 2008

Someone discovered an odd bug that our wm exhibits with xeyes.  The
"black-lines" are drawn at the right spot, but the ovals that select
which region to view move down as quartz-wm starts and stops.
ConfigureNotify is always returning the upper left of the "inner"
window, and we are doing the correct reparenting offset...  anyone
seen something like this before of have some guesses for me to persue?

I put together an animation of this happening here:

http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/xeyesbug/xeyes.mov

If you don't like .mov, you can see the individual frames:
http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/xeyesbug

Thanks,
Jeremy