Software for calibrating a touch screen

Søren Hauberg hauberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 04:56:35 PDT 2008

2008/10/1 Clemens Kirchgatterer <c.kirchgatterer at amatic.com>:
>> Everybody: does anybody have any thought on where I should host my
>> calibration code?
>
> isn't there something in tslib already?

I've found two calibration programs online. One came without a
license, making it non-free software, and the other one had a
non-so-nice gui, where you had to move your stylus all the way up the
corners of the screen (this one I couldn't present to a custumor).
These programs seems to have the problem that they require direct
access to the touchscreen device, which means X can't have access to
it (at least not when using evdev).

Søren