SMI 501 local bus driver

Christian Pössinger poessinger at mixed-mode.de
Mon Oct 6 00:34:58 PDT 2008

On Do, 2.10.2008, 21:35, Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade sagte:
>> I figured out the UseFBDev function yesterday. When enabling this
>> specific
>> function my screen shows up with the mighty X cursor. I can move it with
>
>   Does it also happen when using the SwCursor option?

When enabling the SwCursor and UseFBDev option the X Server will throw
again a lot of the

(II) SMI(0):    SMI_GEReset called from smi_accel.c line 80
(II) SMI(0):    SMI_GEReset called from smi_accel.c line 63
(II) SMI(0):    SMI_GEReset called from smi_accel.c line 63

messages.

When only using the SwCursor option the screen will start up white, then
changes within 3 seconds to black. After this the screen will again change
to white and remain there. I also get the SMI_GEReset messages.

>> my mouse perfectly, but the background is only black. I can't see the
>> normal b/w X background. When I start the xterm it's black, too.
>
>   It appears as if the driver is writing to one address, and the
> kernel to other.
>   If you run something like:
> # dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/fb0 bs=1024 count=1024
> does it show something on the screen?

This works.

>   Please open a bugreport on bugs.freedesktop.org, and also test
> the latest git master.

I'm not using the official GIT driver. As mentioned, I added the local bus
communication instead of PCI to the GIT driver. I think opening a
bugreport would be wrong in this case. It's not a bug just a work in
progress.

Best regards,
Christian