For how long Intel users are stucked with OpenGL 1.4 ?

Keith Whitwell keith at tungstengraphics.com
Tue Oct 7 12:48:54 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:39 PM, Stephane Marchesin
<marchesin at icps.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Mateusz Kaduk <mateusz.kaduk at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Is there any chance to get OpenGL 2.1 on Intel 965GM ?
>> A time ago I was using DRM module i915.ko from git and it was working nice.
>> Now because of GEM, module is not compiling anymore and I am stucked with
>> OpenGL 1.4 which does not work for most of applications that I was able to
>> run before! While ati and nvidia support OpenGL 2.1 nicely, laptop users
>> with onboard Intel are really stucked... Is there any walkaround for this
>> bug ? Is there any branch that supports OpenGL 2.1 and does not have GEM in
>> its code?
>
> Well, there is the gallium driver. It Implements OpenGL 2.1 and
> doesn't use GEM. However, you have to use specific versions of
> mesa/drm for it to work. I'll leave you to google, or maybe someone
> nice will jump in :)

I'm pretty sure we haven't implemented occlusion query there...  or
done any significant amount of testing/debug of the 965 driver for
that matter...

At this point it's unlikely to be a big help to someone looking for a
ready-to-use i965 driver...

Keith