[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.4.98

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Sun Oct 19 15:03:25 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-19 at 23:51 +0200, Stefan Dirsch wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 12:16:10PM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > >
> > > configure wants libdrm 2.4.0 which has yet to be released. I've tried
> > > tweaking configure.ac to get it to build on non-GEM drm (which was
> > > announced to be still supported for 2.5, iirc) but then I get massive
> > > failure in src/i830.h about "dri_bo" being undefined.
> > >
> > > So I gave up and installed mesa and libdrm from git, but then I get DRM
> > > errors in dmesg and rendering errors in Firefox 3 and gnome-terminal
> > > (both of which use render).
> > >
> > > And if I start a GEM kernel, X doesn't even start. See my previous post
> > > on intel-gfx.
> >
> > libdrm 2.4.0 is released.
> >
> > http://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm/
> >
> > I couldn't find any clearer release process for it than "tag it and dump
> > a tarball into this directory" -- if any other DRM maintainer-types want
> > to suggest an appropriate process, I'd love to hear.
>
>   ./configure: line 12342: syntax error near unexpected token `PTHREADSTUBS,'
>   ./configure: line 12342: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PTHREADSTUBS, pthread-stubs)'
>   error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.30192 (%build)

line 12342 of configure in the distributed tarballs don't have
PKG_CHECK_MODULES.  It looks like you re-ran autotools in an environment
without the pkgconfig macros installed, and didn't heed the warning that
autotools gave you (sadly, autotools does continue along despite the
error).

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com