Problems building XGL (already a long time)

Kamalneet Singh kamalneet.s at samsung.com
Tue Oct 21 06:55:40 PDT 2008

Stef Bon wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I'm trying to build the XGL server, next to the Xorg and Xephyr server.

XGL was removed from master branch several months back..
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/commit/?id=d15b3790307053587df8daed1936ff6923881b63

[...]

> Xephyr does not support xgl extensions right? If it does there is no
> need for me to build XGl, but if not how do I build XGL??

You mean the GLX extension? I heard that Xephyr does support GL now.
There were several commits by Dodji regarding that.

> For a long time I've problems building it, everytime the same error
> (XglInput, XglMouseProc..) when adding the options --enable-xgl and
> --enable-xglx to the configure script.

I think now those options are gone too :)

> In the past I got source of XGL (the xgl-0-0-1 branch) with git, but
> that does not compile either.
Maybe because of a mismatched mesa version. Last time I checked, which
was many months back, it did compile. I don't remember which mesa
version works with it.. :)

~kammal