[ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-evdev 2.0.99.2

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 24 08:26:39 PDT 2008

Peter Hutterer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 10:59:25AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
>> It seems that my usb mouse wanted to make double clicks rather than
>> single clicks when I tried this driver. Not overly sure why! When trying
>> to update the xserver and getting inspired by the Fedora patches, I
>> noticed a few that related to double events and AllowEmptyInput setting.
>> As I had AllowEmptyInput set to on, could this be responsible for
>> turning the two single clicks events into one double click?
>
> Right, the server is picking the same device up twice (evdev + kbd/mouse).
> Unfortunately, only some of these patches are upstream yet.
>
> Your setup needs:
> 1. the xserver patch to switch the console mode to RAW (d936a423)
> 2. the xserver patch to enable AllowEmptyInput to TRUE (0b56b44a)
> 3. the patch below to disable kbd/mouse if AEI is on. This is one that would
>    break non-linux systems and leave them without input. I need to fix that
>    up.
>
> For now, just having a ServerLayout section in your config should do the job.
> Probably no config should work too, but I haven't tried that without 3. yet.

Thanks for the info Peter. I did actually have the patch below already
applied but had to turn AEI off to get keyboard support at KDM login. I
suspect I just need to make sure I load evdev in my xorg.conf which it
doesn't seem to do ATM.... Thanks for confirming my suspicions as to
what the problem is as I can probably puzzle it out from there.

Of course I'll need to sort out the DRI lockups too but that's another
thread!

Col

--

Colin Guthrie