x-server cross building, questions

Alexei Babich a.babich at rez.ru
Mon Sep 1 04:22:55 PDT 2008

Hello all.

I try to cross-build x-server (xorg-server-1.4.2) on i686-linux for arm920-linux.

On target platform no any PCI subsystem is present.
Q.1: How I can avoid to build libscanpci, libpcidata, libpciaccess ? This libraries is relatively large memory consumption for my target.
Q.2: What int10 backend I must select for arm920 ?
Q.3: By default, after build & install, I have /usr/lib/xorg/modules/multimedia directory with several *.so files. What option disables building this ?
Q.4: How I can disable IPv6 support ?
Q.5: When I run Xorg on target platform, it print error: "Fatal server error: could not open default font 'fixed'"; that is true: I do not build any fonts, because my software is not uses X-server-side font, but, like cairo library, uses it own fonts. How I can build x-server without fixed fonts, or, with minimal volume of fixed fonts ?

Thank you.
--
Regards,
Alexei Babich, circuit engineer, OOO NPP "Rezonans", Chelyabinsk, Russia
Jabber ID: impatt at jabber.ru