it's working

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Sep 4 13:31:18 PDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 03:35:17PM -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
> Soon as I figure out how other drivers do the function keys, so I can do my own
> that way, I think it might be ready for release.  My tablet comes with a thick
> plastic overlay with the function areas delimited ... I can figure _A_ way to
> handle this, I want it to be _the_ way to do it, if I possibly can.  Been a lot
> of learning to get this far, I surely am pleased to be here now.

If they're actual keys, you can use xf86PostKeyEvent.  If not ... just
ignore it for now.  We need to be able to map given areas of particular
devices' co-ord space to given areas of CRTCs, AFAICT.  Being able to
grab particular (obviously non-overlapping) areas would probably be
quite useful for shortcuts, etc, but this may be overkill: maybe we
just want key events, rather than Button/Motion events on shortcut
areas.

Cheers,
Daniel