[ANNOUNCE] xserver 1.5.0

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Sep 4 16:34:05 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 07:21:25PM -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> This is almost certainly the server that will go into Xorg 7.4.  The
> module set for same is available here:
>
> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/preview-X11R7.4/src/
>
> If you see anything missing that should be present, or present that
> should be absent, yell very loudly, right now.  Otherwise that'll go
> gold in a day or two.

I've updated module-list.txt and Releases/7.4 on the wiki to match what's
now in the archive (over the past couple of days, just the server update,
a couple of small drivers to match, and my last libX11 release) now.

Notably, xf86-video-vmware 10.16.1[456] release messages are missing.
Even though I've got pretty crap at moderating xorg-announce@ ever since
listadmin broke (http://bugs.debian.org/459006 -- clearly I just need to
dist-upgrade), it's important that they get through so things like this
don't get missed when doing releases.  When I do release stuff, I _only_
go through xorg-announce at .

One of the nice things about having the standard format and insisting on
everything being GPG-signed, is that it's the only way we can verify the
integrity of our archive.  Without that, if we got compromised again,
we'd have no way to tell if the tarballs are compromised or not.  This
should be a little less slapdash, I admit, but download.fd.o never really
materialised.

Cheers,
Daniel