<fixed subject> Xv Hardware overlay port blue with xf86-video-intel 2.4.97.0 and X 1.5.99.1 on a 965gm

manu sawkar msawkar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:25:42 PDT 2008

Ok, did some more testing today and have more info. I'm not sure why
i keep having some verison typo in this email, but before i mentiond
X server 1.4.2-2 which is supposed to read: X.Org X Server 1.4.99.906
(1.5.0 RC 6)

anyways, I downgraded the X Server from 1.5.99.1 to 1.4.99.906 and
recompiled the xf86-video-intel from git and the hardware overlay
was still blue in mplayer.  Then i tried grabbing the 2.4.2 version of
the intel driver and low and behold the hardware overlay worked
again... however i couldnt get mplayer to work in full screen
properly... it would be fullscreen for a second, then the whole image
would move to the top left and show my desktop. I saw this bug before,
and upgrading the intel driver to git fixed this, but killed the hardware
overlay...

So is this a regression in the intel 2.5 candidate driver? overall the
driver is much faster.

also when using X Server from 1.5.99.1, killing X would result in
an unusable terminal with purple and black stripes. this went
away when i downgraded X.

thanks,