multihead / dual input howto (two local users, keyboards etc.)?

Simos Xenitellis simos.lists at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:07:38 PDT 2008

I would say it is more of an issue that many tasks based on
open-source software can be achieved, it just requires the person(s)
to lead the effort.
Apart from the core functionality/programming that takes place in
Xorg, it's an issue of packaging and making it easy for the users to
install and use.

Looking at http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ it shows that Multiseat has a page at
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/3442/
with over 300 'votes'. Top issues have over 5000 such votes.

It looks to be a trend; there is amazing core functionality in X.Org,
which requires packaging  and dissemination to the end-users. This
does mean that the developers have even more tasks to do; other people
should lead the effort to bring this functionality to the end-users.

Simos