DRI2 Protocol Spec Draft

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Sep 15 09:42:13 PDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-15 at 12:11 -0400, Kristian Høgsberg wrote:

> Writing all this I'm thinking that it might be simpler just to make
> DRI2CopyRegion a roundtrip.

I thought one of the benefits of not having the round trip at
swapbuffers time was to allow applications to continue executing until
they actually needed the new buffer names.

We can still do that and have DRI2CopyRegion return a reply, it just
means making the Xlib-based extension library a bit smarter and able to
store the CopyRegion reply until the client needs the contents. XCB, of
course, will automatically do this for us.

keith.packard at intel.com