Some question about Xrender and EXA

Alexei Babich a.babich at rez.ru
Tue Sep 16 03:08:28 PDT 2008

>   but it
> sounds like you want to improve the software-rendering speed.
>   If so, it is pixman that you want to profile and improve.  EXA just
> calls on pixman to do the rendering.
I want to improve rendering speed AND compositing speed too.
If software rendering for ARM920 cannot be optimized, I want to try implement rendering in hardware (FPGA).
So, I need more info about it (rendering, composition, EXA-compatible modules an so on). I trying to step-by-step debugging xserver for investigation about function call tree, but using dlopen() and macro-substitution in xserver slows it.

Thank you for your reply, and sorry for my english.

--
Regards,
Alexei Babich, circuit engineer, OOO NPP "Rezonans", Chelyabinsk, Russia
Jabber ID: impatt at jabber.ru