Multiple Monitors, Same Workspaces

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Fri Sep 19 08:54:43 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 09:08:49AM -0500, Clayton Shepard wrote:
> Well it certainly isn't a checkbox...  and I haven't found any tutorials on
> it.

I wasn't clear enough.  Code can be written to make Compiz do this.  I
don't think it has been written yet.

> It seems like it may need so driver cooperation too.

No; as a composition manager Compiz can deal with this without any extra
help from X.

Although input may be tricky, if you have the same workspace show on
both monitors...  Still, should be doable.

Marius Gedminas
--
9. Okay, then, what do you think about "syntactic noise" in config files?

	-- http://open.nit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=RetchMail