Raw mouse input is distorted

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Sun Sep 21 23:47:56 PDT 2008

Søren Hauberg wrote:
> I'm sorry but I don't quite understand (I don't know that much about
> either X, nor the kernel). But you think it would be better to solve
> this in X, right? Via a special driver for touch screens? And then I
> can use these 'device properties' to set the calibration parameters
> without restarting X? Is that what you mean? If so, where can I read
> about these 'device properties'?
It depends on what exactly you are calibrating. If it is only about
sensor value range, evdev will adapt to what the kernel specifies in
EVIOCGABS (ABS_X / ABS_Y). Should suffice in the usual case.

If there's more, well, it's really up to you. In-kernel means gpm stuff
works too.

As for dev props, peter's post is everything non-code I saw yet:
http://who-t.blogspot.com/2008/07/input-device-properties.html