Poll: Should Xorg change from using Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to something harder for users to press by accident?

Igor Mozolevsky igor at hybrid-lab.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 20:24:30 PDT 2008

2008/9/23 Jason Spiro <jasonspiro4 at gmail.com>:
> Igor Mozolevsky <igor <at> hybrid-lab.co.uk> writes:
>
>> just because users
>> incompetently press the combination, doesn't mean it's a bad one.
>
> I respectfully disagree.  Accidental zaps often cause data loss.  Data loss is
> always unacceptable and Xorg should do whatever it takes to prevent it.

Pushing the reset button or pulling the cable from the wall also
causes data loss, but you don't see flip covers protecting the reset
buttons nor are the power cables welded into the wall at one end and
the unit at the other. Unfortunately, there's no cure for human
stupidity ;-)

Doesn't CTRL+ALT+DELETE reboot the machine unconditionally?

--
Igor