what card is well supported? recommendations?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Sep 23 03:12:19 PDT 2008

Tino Keitel schrieb:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:27:29 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> I looked a bit in X.org wiki, and it seems to me that Radeons with
>> chipsets R400 should be sufficient for me. Unfortunately it's hard for
>> me to find which chipset does a given Radeon card have (i.e. HD2400Pro -
>> does it have R400 chipset?).
>
> This should help:
>
> http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon

Thanks. So it looks like chipset R200 should make no problems.

Here is also something useful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_ATI_graphics_processing_units#Radeon_R200_.288xxx.2C_9xxx.29_series

I think I will buy these cards then (to be installed in a multseat
workstation):

- AGP: Radeon 9250, 256 MB RAM, user 1, to be used as dual head ("mirror")
- PCI: Radeon 9250, 128 MB RAM, user 2

Any good/bad experiences with these, or any other remarks?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org