Various patches

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 07:53:52 PDT 2008

Hi Keith,

  On IRC someone brought up an important point that the license of
libmd is somewhat dodgy.  Half the files have no copyright information
at all, and some files are licenses such "for non-commercial use only"
etc.  So it seems that we have to rule out using this.

  So it seems that there isn't really a good alternative library for sha1.

  How would you feel about a SHA1 implementation in Xorg, but enabled
only by a configure switch or as a fallback option?  This would mean
that Xorg could finally be easily cross-compiled out of the box,
bringing love and happiness to people everywhere :-)

  An alternative would be to maintain a separate SHA1 library but
still hosted by freedesktop.  It could be just another package that is
included along with the xorg distribution.

John