AIGLX error

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Wed Apr 15 22:08:53 PDT 2009

[using current git]

After fixing my linking errors I now get this:

  (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed
  (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
  (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /usr/local/x11/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so

(Note that there is a missing `\n' in the original error message after
the first line.)

This is an Intel 945GM card.  Before the above I get the message:

  (WW) intel(0): DRI2 requires UXA

Reading the `intel' man page I see that `UXA' is only activated
automatically if the kernel supports it -- do I need DRI2 for making
AIGLX work?

   Werner