Screen Corruption On Intel GM45

Mike Lothian mike at fireburn.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 15:04:36 PDT 2009

Hi

I've noticed some horrible screen corruption using the lastest git
xorg & intel stack with in X.

I've made the screen usable by booting with i915.modeset=0 with
Linus's latest tree (this just gives me a back screen with the
intel-next tree)

I think the problem surfaced the same time as the tiling patches
appeared - is there a way to disable tiling to test this?

My 2.6.29 and last weeks git kernels would refuse to startx for very
long not allowing kde to start (it was possible to recognise the

The latest intel-next tree allows KDE to start WITH the corruption now
when KMS is enabled. When I VT switch the consoles look fine, it's
only X that's corrupted

Hope this isn't too random a bug report

Mike