VSync

Joakim Plate elupus at ecce.se
Tue Apr 21 06:56:17 PDT 2009

Olaf Ruppert <oruppert <at> googlemail.com> writes:

> on, Apr 20, 2009 at 8:08 PM, Eric Anholt <eric <at> anholt.net> wrote:
> > If you're doing GL, why aren't you just using GLX_SGI_video_sync?
>
> I tried, didn't help.

Just make sure you glFinish() before you wait for the vsync. Otherwise the call
to swap buffers take too long.

I've seen this with SwapInterval extensions too. It seems the driver waited for
vsync, then attempted to swap buffers, but since the command buffer took a while
to execute, it often missed the vsync. I'm not sure this is still an issue.

Joakim