xorg-server 1.6.1 compile failure

Michal Svoboda pht at spatium.org
Fri Apr 24 04:34:32 PDT 2009

Hello xorg list,

the problem:

In file included from glxdriswrast.c:49:
glxdricommon.h:32: error: expected ':', ',', ';', '}' or '__attribute__'
before '*' token

In that file, on said line we find a `const __DRIconfig *driConfig;'
declaration. The __DRIconfig is typedefed in GL/internal/dri_interface.h
as struct __DRIconfigRec, but this struct is not in any reachable .h
file. I've found it in Mesa source, in [1] but this file seems to be
internal to Mesa.

This topic has been discussed before, but no suggested solution works
for me. Perhaps the closest was a topic on the gobolinux forum [2],
speaking about header files moved out of xorg to mesa at some point, but
the solution refers to a SymlinkProgram, which seems to be a nontrivial
gobolinux extension, and I've no idea what it does.

For now, I'm disabling glx in my xorg-server build as a work-around, but
please do provide me with some solutions.

Thanks,
Michal Svoboda

[1] src/mesa/drivers/dri/common/utils.h
[2] http://forum.gobolinux.org/discussion/236/cant-compile-xorg-from-base-installation/