how do you close X after testing ?

PJ af.gourmet at videotron.ca
Mon Aug 10 15:39:23 PDT 2009

Guys, I think I wasn't clear on the problem: my mouse (big X) was lost
on the screen and could move about but it just couldn't get out of that
grey mush... and I couldn't help it as ctrl-alt-backspc just did not
work, nor will it if you get stuck like this in trying out the Xorg.
Xorg works but you're stuck in there forever.
I finally got out by hitting ctl-alt and idon't remember which Fkey - I
think it was F2 or F3 and I got a login prompt. Logged back in and then
had to shutdown - but the screen was still running on another tty
terminal... but it gave up the ghost and I found the little tweaks to
fix things on Guggle... sorry, I don't recall what it was but it's in
the FBSD manual.
Thanks for responding.
PJ