Space Navigator 3D

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Aug 30 18:00:10 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 09:13:01AM +1000, Timothy S. Nelson wrote:
> I have a pointing device with 5 axes (a Space Navigator).  Does anyone
> know how I can assign one of them to be a scroll wheel?

provided that the space navigator gives you x/y axes and you're running
evdev from master, enable wheel emulation on button 0.
tis turns every motion into a scroll wheel event.

for horizontal scrolling, you need to set the XAxisMapping option, it is
unset by default. set it to 6/7 for left/right scrolling.

Cheers,
  Peter