client side ddc/ci

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Dec 2 05:07:04 PST 2009

Am 02.12.09, 23:41 +1100 schrieb Graeme Gill:
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> No. The used ookala-mcf just searches to find some EDID in the
>> communication and then talks to a EDID containing device. See DevI2c.cpp
>> around line 153. Ookala::DevI2c::enumerate()
>
> So in theory a correspondence could be fudged by searching all the i2c devices
> for those that look like a display, read the EDID and then try and match
> it against the ones in the X11 Properties. Is this idea likely to be wrecked
> by various quirks being "fixed" the EDID X11 property though ?

I am not a native english reader and speacker. But if you search for a
correspondense between a i2c device and a Xorg monitor by the help of the
EDID properties, I think it could work. Still running profiling routines
as super user is not a general solution for most computers.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management