[OT] e-mail license

Wed Dec 2 07:47:01 PST 2009

Gábor Lénárt wrote:
> I wouldn't be able to avoid that either.  And I think it's a must everywhere
> if there is something involved with the "SOX".  At least I was told that
> this is the reason in our case.  Sorry for the off-topic :)

Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) does not require it, though your company's implementation
of SOX compliance policies may have chosen to inflict that on you due to
misunderstanding.   (My employer on the other hand, requires us not to
automatically label everything as confidential, since that just causes people
to assume nothing really is, and destroys all value of true confidential
labels.)

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com