radeonhd blank screens

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 14:41:02 PST 2009

> FWIW, this is also an ongoing problem for owners of the HD2400 Pro cards,
> rv610's I think they are.  It can be triggered by sliding a window to the
> right to touch the screen edge, or go completely off it.  Sometimes even
> just
> hitting the edge with the cursor is sufficient.

Seriously, hitting the edge of the screen with your cursor can cause
the screen to permanently blank?  These drivers sound seriously
unloved.  Maybe my nVidia pain wasn't so bad, I guess :-/  I really
wish I could get my laptop's Intel chip in my desktop; it runs KDE4
smoothly with full effects.  Why can't the big guys make that work?