Pointer Acceleration

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Sat Dec 19 06:25:24 PST 2009

Lorenz Ruhmann wrote:
> With the old pointer acceleration code (now lightweight scheme) my mouse
> cursor behaves perfectly with the following command:
>
> xset m 16/100 1
>
> Even for far and fast mouse movement I can accurately hit small objects.
>
> However, I'm not able to reproduce that accuracy with the new code. I
> tried the Simple Profile (4) with a ConstantDeceleration of 6.25 and
> xset m 1 1, but it just doesn't feel right; neither does polynomial
> acceleration.
>
> Is there a way to exactly reproduce this old behavior with the new code?
> I don't like to rely on a scheme that is kinda considered obsolete.
Essentially, you have done exactly the right thing. Please ensure you
don't use adaptive deceleration, which would explain that.

You might try using the default profile and xset m 1 0. Technically this
is polynomial but flat, ruling out adaptive decel.

If the inaccuracy prevails, it would be helpful if you could be more
descriptive about what's wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Simon