Performance of XRenderCompositeTrapezoids in the aliased case

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Feb 2 11:36:34 PST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 19:52 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> 1.) As far as I have seen the only way to get aliased rasterization
> with XRenderCompositeTrapezoids is to pass PictStandardA1 as mask
> format.
> However a lot of hardware can't use A1 as mask, leading to a fallback.
> Wouldn't it make sence to use an A8 mask instead and tell pixman to
> render aliased?

I'm not looking at the code, so my recollection could be wrong, (or just
plain out of date), but I don't think that pixman has code to rasterize
"aliased" to an A8 buffer. It simply rasterizes based on the depth of
the target mask buffer.

So I think you'd have to write some new code to implement what you want
here.

-Carl