xf86-video-intel memory leakage

Jesse Barnes jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org
Fri Feb 6 14:53:35 PST 2009

On Friday, February 6, 2009 2:21 pm Marco wrote:
> Same for me, starting iceweasel on my GM45 bump suddenly out of swap.
>
> Bisected to:
> deneb:~/src/xf86-video-intel.git# git bisect view
> commit 8d4bc36fae50b09a73ba2cfab920adb32141a358
> Author: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes at virtuousgeek.org>
> Date:   Mon Jan 26 17:14:06 2009 -0800
>
>     Support tiled back/depth on 915-class hardware with DRI2.
>
>     Set alignments, tile settings and flags correctly in the 2D driver to
> suppor tiled rendering.  UXA's create pixmap function currently assumes the
> worst about the alignment constraints; that should probably be fixed.  Some
> of the 1M alignment fixes could probably be done more cleanly as well.
> (END)
>

> In fact after reverting it, all seems fine.

Interesting, thanks for trying to narrow it down.  I don't see anything on
re-review that would cause huge increases in the amount of memory used,
though the additional alignment we apply in that patch will increase things
somewhat, so might make the problem happen faster.  Are you using UXA or EXA?