multihead / dual input howto (two local users, keyboards etc.)?

Miro Halas xorg at bastafidli.com
Sun Feb 8 12:08:23 PST 2009

Hello Tomasz,

I wanted to thank you for awesome howto on the multiterminal. I have
found it through the xorg mailing list and it worked like a charm. I am
on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy and I have tried 3 solutions, userful, mdm and your
howto and I like the howto the best. I am using Nvidia GForce2 MX (AGP
and PCI, got off ebay for $6) and two Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop
(wireless keyboard and mouse) sets both hooked up via USB and everything
works great. The only problem I have discovered so far is with fast user
switching which locks up the computer and I am going to report it as a
bug. FUS doesn't work in mdm either so there is no advantage of one
solution to another.

There is only two changes I did from your configuration and that is
1. I specified both of my keyboards and mice using /dev/input/by-path
since they are both hooked up via USB
2. I had to use
    Option         "XkbModel" "evdev"
since without in many of the keys on the keyboard (such as arrow keys)
didn't work.

I can modify your Wiki page to include these changes there if you would
like to or I can leave it up to you. I am also attaching my xorg.conf
and gdm.conf for your reference in case you are interested in seeing
working configuration for the above mentioned setup.

Thank you very much again,

Miro Halas