Xinerama focus freeze problem

Harald Schmalzbauer h.schmalzbauer at OmniLAN.de
Fri Feb 13 04:28:42 PST 2009

Hello,

I have two cards with 3 monitors and running the nvidia driver (180.29)
with xorg-server 1.5.3 on FreeBSD 7.1-stable.
With Xinerama enabled after about 100 focus changes between windows on
two different "monitors" the focus freezes. It seems that mouse position
doesn't get correctly interpreted, since I have cursor shape changes on
one monitore where the corresponding window really is on another monitor
(at approx that position).
The real problem is that also the window manager (xfwm) isn't able to
switch between windows anymore, so I'm not sure if this is xorg or
nvidia related.
But when I log in form a remote machine and kill the application which
holds the focus, the whole X server dies.

Any hints appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

-Harry